South Africa data 5 extra COVID-19 deaths, convey the full to 18, with 1,845 confirmed circumstances; Communications Minister Stella Ndabeni-Abrahams placed on particular depart for breaching lockdown rules and the UIF data claims of greater than R300m since lockdown started.
CAPE TOWN – South Africa data 5 extra COVID-19 deaths, convey the full to 18, with 1,845 confirmed circumstances; Communications Minister Stella Ndabeni-Abrahams placed on particular depart for breaching lockdown rules and the UIF data claims of greater than R300m since lockdown started.
DAY 13 OF LOCKDOWN
BY THE NUMBERS
• Thursday marks 100 days since China first notified the WHO of circumstances of “pneumonia with unknown trigger”.
• 5 extra deaths on Wednesday in South Africa, bringing to 18 the full variety of recognized deaths attributable to COVID-19.
• We now have now had 1,845 confirmed circumstances for the reason that first case was recognized.
• Globally greater than 1.four million persons are confirmed to have contracted the virus and greater than 82,000 have died.
WATCH: COVID 19 Scenario Desk – eight April 2020 PM
SPECIAL LEAVE FOR NDABENI-ABRAHAMS
• The president put his Communications Minister on particular depart after she broke lockdown rules by having lunch with former ANC MP Mduduzi Manana and his household.
• She’s had a month’s wage docked and will probably be on particular depart for two months.
• Ndabeni-Abrahams posted a video apology to the president and the nation.
• The EFF laid a proper cost in opposition to her within the afternoon for contravening lockdown rules.
WATCH: Communications Minister’s apology for breaking lockdown guidelines
• Information that the UIF has doubled its claims payouts for the reason that starting of the lockdown.
• 22,776 employers have utilized for COVID-19 associated aid for the reason that lockdown started.
• The UIF has recorded claims to the tune of greater than R300m.
• Net visitors to the UIF web site spiked – rising from 49,000 hits on 21 March to nicely over a half one million four days later.
• British Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s situation is enhancing – he’s nonetheless in ICU, however he’s in a position to sit up in mattress and have interaction with scientific workers.
• On the identical time, the Director of the UK’s NHS says the variety of coronavirus infections and hospital admissions are starting to point out indicators of flattening.
• A distinct story in Europe – the place the ECDC says there’s no signal but that the height of outbreak has been reached.
— to ewn.co.za